Sunday, March 23, 2014

The 2-Year Plan: Making Money as an Indie Writer

I've wanted to be a writer as long as I can remember. I've started at least a half dozen projects, but finished few. So this year, I made a plan. My youngest is graduating from high school in June. Both my kiddos will be busy with work and college, so it's time. Over the next 2 years, I want to publish as much as I can.

My grand scheme started in January when I epublished my memoir about a liquid diet I went on after my divorce. Next up is a zombie book followed by a Christmas romance. From eating brains to eating pumpkin pie. Yeah, I'm crazy that way.

That's the plan for this year. My main problem is staying focused on one project long enough. I also procrastinate and get distracted by very legitimate, everyday issues and just living life. So the quest begins.

It's odd. I thought being published would be exciting, but mostly it was terrifying in a way I hadn't expected. I put myself out there, and I felt the exposure keenly. I still feel it somewhat. I'm not sure if it will be better or worse when I publish my fiction for the first time. Only time will tell.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment